Friday, May 9, 2008

The first and last

I've become obsessed with food blogs. More specifically, baking blogs. So I decided, what the hell, I can do this! I love blogging and I love baking, I'm hopping on this bandwagon and sharing my creations. Why? Because I can!
Let me tell you about my latest creation, dark chocolate tiramisu cupcakes. I made them for a staff appreciation lunch for my daughter's school. You will find no pictures of these bad boys because cupcakes with icing that resemble dog doodoo are not very appealing to the eye. Just trust me. I got all Martha Stewart on these little darling and piped the icing into cute spirals on which to place a chocolate covered coffee bean. I finished, wiped the sweat off my brow and looked upon my creations to disover 16 piles of dog poo. So I took out a butter knife and smeared the icing to just look like poo colored icing. I guess that's better than poo piles right? Right. The lesson here is - do not mix Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder w/ marscapone cheese or else it will come out looking greyish brown and totally unappetizing. I still took them to Mia's school however because by the time they were completed, it was 10pm and I was in no mood to start over. She's switching schools next year anyway so if they were a complete bomb (but judging from the empty container, they were not) it's no big deal since I will never see these teachers again. I will not be making these particular cupcakes again but I will make another attempt at tiramisu cupcakes in the future. Stay tuned.

No comments: