Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie - Chocolate Chunkers


There is no better title for these babies. With only 1/3 cup of flour, they are almost entirely chocolate. The batter is melted chocolate and cocoa powder and there two different types of chocolate chunks throughout the cookie. The recipe called for raisins but when I discussed this with my husband he said "why don't you just put some a** in it too." With all the comments from other bakers of the turd-like appearance of the cookies, he wasn't very far off. We also left out the nuts, mostly because we just weren't in the mood for nuts. So we have chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate cookies and they are good! It doesn't hurt that I'm a total chocoholic! They are better the 2nd day, after refrigeration. Very rich and chewy. Delish!

This week's recipe was chosen by Claudia. As much as I enjoyed these cookies and the Whopper ones, and the granola ones from several weeks ago (which I did make but did not post for some reason), I am ready to move on to a different type of baked good. I'm looking forward to next week's Dimply Plum Cake.

16 comments:

Lori said...

i couldn't agree more - these are great, they've all been great, but enough with the cookies for now! your photos are wonderful -

Peggy said...

You have great photos. Loved these cookies.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Yummy Yours look great!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Your pics look great! :) Welcome to TWD!!

Sihan said...

i'm looking forward to cake next week too!

Pamela said...

LOL about your husbands comment! I really enjoyed these little cookies, but I guess I'm ready to move on to another baking adventure, too.

Flourchild said...

My husband does not like all of these fruit bits and crap added to allready good cookies..he's like WHY? I did half with golden raisins and half with out. We all prefered the ones with out. I love your cookies!

Lauren said...

i hear you, I am so ready to move off of cookies. although i did love these. dimply plum cake, here we come!

Christine said...

All of those cookies were winners in my house and the chocolate chunkers were given the title best cookie yet! Great job they look delicious and I can't wait to move on to something different!

Kana said...

The dimply plum cake is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed them! =)

chocolatechic said...

These were great.

I made the mistake of chilling mine. They were like little fudgesicles.

Jessica Eiden Smedley said...

Your husband made me laugh.

They aren't the most aesthetically pleasing cookie, are they?

Bungalow Barbara said...

Not pretty, but really great, that's these cookies. I'm looking forward to a change, too.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I love your pictures! I need to get a little more creative with mine! :)

Jules Someone said...

I actually really liked the raisins and nuts in these. It helped cut the sweetness. They look yummy, though.